How To Whiten Your Teeth In Merely 2 Minutes!
Coconut oil is very versatile. One of its numerous uses is that it can be used as toothpaste, which whitens the teeth and promotes the oral health. Commercial toothpastes contain harmful chemicals, like glycerin, triclosan, aspartame and sodium fluoride, which may have side effects on the overall health.
However, this coconut-based toothpaste is natural and safe. As it does not contain any foaming agents, its use will not cause canker sores. Moreover, it efficiently gets rid of the bacteria from the mouth cavity. Coconut oil hinders the growth of Streptococcus mutans, acid-producing bacteria responsible for tooth decay in both children and adults.
Other benefits of this natural coconut-based toothpaste include:
• Relieves throat dryness
• Prevents tooth decay
• Cures bleeding gums
• Treats cracked lips
• Eliminates bad breath
• Enhances jaw and gums
• Improves the immune system
• Treats inflammation
• Whitens yellow teeth
• Prevents mouth cavities
• Restores pH balance
COCONUT OIL TOOTHPASTE
It is easy to prepare the coconut oil toothpaste.
You will need these ingredients:
• 2 pockets of Stevia (optional)
• 15 – 20 drops of essential oil, like grapefruit oil or eucalyptus oil (optional)
• 2 – 3 tablespoons of baking soda
• Half a cup of coconut oil
Here is how to prepare it and use it:
• In a jar, add all the ingredients. Stir them with a fork until you get a paste.
• Then, scrape it with a toothbrush.
• Brush your teeth.
COCONUT OIL PULLING
Oil pulling means rinsing your mouth with coconut oil like a mouthwash. You push, pull and draw the oil through the teeth for 15 – 20 minutes. Oil pulling eliminates the cavity-causing bacteria and other debris from the mouth. When the oil turns milky white and thin, spit it out. Oil pulling has been used for many years for strengthening jaw, gums, teeth and preventing decay, throat dryness, cracked lips, bleeding gums and oral odor.
AN APPROACH TO IMPROVE YOUR DENTAL HEALTH
Toothpaste made of natural ingredients, such essential oils, baking soda, xylithol and other ingredients, seems to be more effective than fluoride-rich toothpaste.
Here are some basic guidelines for improving dental health, naturally and safely:
• Use non-fluoride paste instead of fluoridated paste or fluoridated water.
• Avoid or limit the consumption of grains and sugars. Avoid consuming processed food.
• Follow a balanced diet. Eat grass-fed meat, fermented vegetables, fresh fruits, whole foods, which provide the body with the essential minerals and vitamins.
• Practice good dental hygiene and have regular cleanings.
• There are numerous natural solutions to freshen your breath. Chewing on fresh cilantro, mint, parsley, or ginger works as effective breath fresheners.