The Plant That Will Take Out All Toxins From Your Home – The Oxygen Bomb
What does your home and NASA’s spacecrafts have in common? Unfortunately, the answer is poor air quality. In addition to the polluted air outside, we rarely open the windows, so the air inside is stagnant and polluted with particles harmful to our health.
We spend almost 90 percent of the time indoors. Living and working in this environment causes headaches, dizziness, irritation of the eyes, nose, ears, etc.
Luckily, NASA worked on solving the problem in spacecraft and found a simple solution – plants that clean the air.
Most plants are very efficient air purifiers, so keeping plants at home is a good idea. Experts from NASA have listed the most efficient plant air purifiers and confirmed that they can eliminate mold and toxins from the air.
They recommend keeping such plant in the living room, bedroom and bathroom, and at least fifteen of these plants fro every 600 square meters.
It’s considered that Aloe Vera are the most powerful oxygen bombs, thus they are very efficient air cleansers.
This plant purifies the air by absorbing carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide and formaldehyde. Also, it develops brown spots in cases of high levels of chemicals in your house, so this is a warning sign about the possible risks for your health. Numerous studies have proven that one Aloe Vera has the same capacity as having 9 air-cleansing plants!
Furthermore, these are some of the most potent air purifying plants you need to have in your home:
- Spider plant is capable of making photosynthesis under minimum light. It is an excellent absorbent of toxins from the air including carbon monoxide, formaldehyde and styrene as well as benzene. A plant that will effectively purify the air in an area of 200 square meters.
- Weeping figs are especially effective in cleaning the air from formaldehyde. It also does not need much light and is easy to maintain. But make sure to remove it from your house if you have small children and pets since its leaves can be very poisonous.
- Estragon plants or grass snake are also very beneficial, since they are easy to maintain and clean the air in your house.
- Lilly is an ideal domestic herb, almost indestructible. It’s very resistant and requires very little light for the process of photosynthesis. In addition to removing toxins, it’s great for the bedroom because it produces oxygen at night.
- Poison ivy this herb should definitely be kept at home. Poison ivy removes around 60% from the toxins in the air as well as 58% of the fecal particles in just six hours of standing in the space.
NASA claims that you should have between 15 and 18 of these plants in a space of 500 square meters. So, for 80 square meters, it is enough to keep from 3 to 4 plants. Do not forget to put one of the herbs in your bedroom, because you spend a lot of your time there.