8 Signs Showing You Are Eating Too Much Sugar
We all love consuming sugar despite the fact that the increased consumption of sugar has side effects on the overall health. According to a study, carried out by USDA, an American consume on average 20 teaspoons of sugar on a daily basis.
However, this does not include the amount of sugar contained in fruit and milk. The recommended amount of sugar by USDA is 10 teaspoons a day.
Sugar consumption has already become a health disease. Excess sugar consumption causes diabetes, hypoglycemia, chronic tenderness and heart issues. Balancing blood sugar level is an essential part of maintaining your energy and health. Poor diet and sugar overconsumption lead to low levels of glucose in the blood, thus affecting the muscles, nerves, brain and the digestive system. Is the body is not provided with the sufficient nutrients, the basic body system malfunction.
How do you know if you are eating too much sugar? In this article, we are going to present you 7 signs that indicate that you consume too much sugar.
1. Lack of energy and fatigue
• If you are exhausted most of the time, it is an indicator of sugar overconsumption.
• High-sugar foods stimulate the levels of carbohydrates and energy level even though the alarming state comes afterwards. If you feel exhausted all the time, you should choose more carefully what you consume.
2. Weight gain
• Increased consumption of sugar means a lot of calories. Because the sugar has no fiber and proteins, it does not make you feel full, but contrary it increased your thirst. The hormones, whose function is to regulate blood sugar and weight gain, are released due to the amount of sugar in the blood. In fact, the insulin production is boosted up when the amount of glucose in the blood rises.
Although insulin level released by the pancreas id rather reduced, it rises if the blood sugar level increases, or when the blood sugar level lowers, the insulin level also goes down. Insulin level affects the body energy. The body cells and muscles feed on insulin.
Over time, sugar overconsumption may lead to resistance of insulin, which indicates that the body’s signal to the amount of insulin is disturbed and the body is not able to control the amounts of sugar as it did before. If there is insulin resistance, the body gains weight. Therefore, if the pancreas works hard for a long period of times, diabetes is caused.
3. You cannot eliminate the bags under the eyes
• Sugar overconsumption leads to inflammation on the feet. Namely, it may appear on the feet as a plantar fasciitis, which causes extension of thick layer of the tissue to the heel or to the bottom of the feet.
• Sugar has inflammatory properties, so sugar overconsumption may lead to skin inflammation.
• Sugar may be the main reason for eczema, acne, rosacea, or too dry or oily feet. Limiting the consumption of sugar is a great achievement for many people, particularly when the sugar overconsumption leads to problematic skin, thus having side effects on the overall health. A sugar increase shows up on the face in a few days.
4. Your brain is sluggish during the day
• The brain sluggishness indicates that your body lacks carbohydrates. When you consume too much sugar, the sugar level increases and decreases more rapidly rather than moderate.
• Energy is stable when the blood sugar is regulated, but if you consume too much sugar, it leads to falls and increases in the in the blood sugar, and this in the energy level. Consuming a lot sugar indicates that you do not eat enough fiber and proteins as well as healthy nutrients.
5. The food does not have the original taste
• If your body is used to increased consumption of sugar, the food starts to lose its sweet taste. Namely, the sugar kills your taste. It is really hard to cut on the need for carbohydrates. Even though it may be hard at the beginning, cutting the sugar intake will be easier as time passes by. You will succeed when you get satisfied with minimal amount of sugar. In addition, things may look you sweeter than before.
6. Constant influenza and colds
• If you are constantly feeling ill, you may consume too much sugar.
• If your body is constantly attacked by viruses, it may be a sign that you need sugar-rich foods. Sugar overconsumption leads to weak immune system, enabling to body to fight against flu and viruses, thus developing chronic disease. Your immune system will be boosted up, when you limit the daily intake of sugar.
7. Need for carbs / sugar
• The more you eat, the more you need – it is like a vicious circle. If you enjoy consuming food rich in sugar every day, you are likely to become a sugar addict.
• If you eat a lot of sugar, your body becomes depended on it. If you are constantly seeking for carbohydrates, you are suffering from sugar addiction.
8. You are moodier than before
• If the blood sugar level decreases, you are likely to feel moodier than usual. The bad mood also comes from the lowered energy level, too.
According to the researchers, the consumption of sugar is the main cause for diabetes, degenerative and heart issues. Here are some nutritional therapies to recharge your energy levels.
NUTRITIONAL THERAPIES TO RECHARGE THE ENEGRY LEVEL
• Avoid eating bread and flour, which increase the sugar level rapidly, as well as caffeine and alcohol.
• Limit the intake of processed food, saturated fats, dairy products, and fried food.
• Minimal intake of red meat and preserved food.
• Eat more vegetables and whole grains.
• Include proteins in every meal.
• Consume organic grown products.
• Include steamed vegetables and salads in your diet.
MINERAL / VITAMIN THERAPY
• Chromium is beneficial as it stimulates the function of the insulin
• B-complex, as well as Vitamin B1, B3, B5, B6, B12.
• Vitamin C to fight against stress
• Essential fatty acids, like omega-3 and omega-6 fats.
• Licorice root to boost up adrenal function.
• Herbs to lower sugar cravings, like fenugreek, stevia, gymnema sylvestre.
• Cayenne and black cohosh enhance the blood circulation.
• Burdock, Chaparral, Cedar Berry, Goldenseal and Siberian Ginseng have been used for the treatment of hypoglycemia.
In order to clean the lymph and the blood, you should take up jumping a trampoline. It boosts up the immune system and improves blood circulation. In addition, it also regenerates the body.
Regular aerobic exercises improve the respiratory system. It also improves nutrition. Stretching is good for eliminating fatigue and physical stress.
EFFECTIVE WAYS TO QUIT SUGAR CONSUMPTION
• Detox your body
• Eat regularly
• Limit or avoid eating processed food
• Get enough sleep
• Look for sugar substitutes
• Consume more dried fruit
• Eat more vegetables
• Drink plenty of water
• Add cinnamon or cinnamon powder in your drinks