How To Fight Back Pain And Sciatic Nerve Pain With A Tennis Ball
Nowadays, back pain and sciatic nerve pain are common heath problems. It is considered that the addiction to painkillers is the main cause of back pain.
Therefore, if you want to treat back pain efficiently, you have to learn what really causes it. Even though many people do not know the real causes of back pain, it can be caused by alcohol consumption, sex, fatigue, etc.
Poor body posture, obesity, inactivity, sports injuries and accidents are among the most common causes of back pain, too.
When the back pain appears, apply ice on the painful area in order to sooth the first symptoms of the pain. Chiropractic care and acupuncture can also help you to treat the symptoms of back pain.
Sciatic pain is another very common health issue, which occurs when the sciatic nerve is pinched in the back. The symptoms of sciatic pain can be soothed by doing stretches, such as piriformis stretch, pigeon pose, seated hip stretch or other stretches with a foam roller or a tennis ball.
It is claimed that the tennis ball massage efficiently soothes the symptoms of sciatic nerve pain. In addition, it relieves sore muscles and soothes muscle tension.
The tennis ball massage especially relieves the piriformis muscle that is close to the sciatic nerve. The advantage of the tennis ball massage is that it is cheap and can be done at home.
Guideline of tennis ball massage:
- Step 1: Lie down on the ball and put the ball under the painful area.
- Step 2: Roll the body up and down the tennis ball.
- Step 3: Hold this position for half a minute or until you notice some improvement. Do this massage 5 – 10 minutes.
The tennis ball massage efficiently relieves the piriformis muscle, treats muscle tension, enhances mobility and improves blood circulation in the body.
There are other alternative remedies that can help sooth sciatic nerve pain, including:
- Pilates – enhances the balance of the body, relieves muscle pain and reduces the risk of injuries.
- Topical remedies, such as liniments and anti-inflammatory essential oils can soothe muscle pain when applied topically.
- Practicing chiropractic care for 3 weeks
- Yoga – relieves the symptoms of sciatic nerve pain efficiently.
- Acupuncture – soothes the symptoms of sciatic nerve pain in no time
Maintaining a proper body posture is also essential for avoiding back pain. A sedentary lifestyle is another cause of back pain.
Tips to prevent back pain
Here are some tips that will help you to prevent back pain:
- Quit smoking as it reduces blood flow to the spine and causes spinal degeneration
- Improve sleeping quality. Always sleep on side and stretch before going to bed.
- Do exercises twice a week. Try yoga or other training exercises.
- Maintain proper body posture. Avoid sitting all day.
- Do grounding to treat inflammation and sooth back pain
- Vitamin K2 and D are essential for being healthy