5 Herbs To Get You Through Common Cold And Flu Season Easily (#2 Is A Real Deal)
These days a lot of people want to use try and prevent flu naturally and they use natural treatments that are ancient and safe to use as well. The main question is which herbs you should use and in this article you will learn more about them.
1. Astragalus – It is one of the most commonly used and prized herbs in the Chinese medicine and it can easily be found in every health food store.
An amazing herb that is amazing for boosting the immunity and it can help if you have cold of flu. You should take 250 – 500 ml of t every morning, 3 times weekly while the flu season lasts and it will make a very big difference.
2. Garlic – Even though is cheap and it is very easy to find it is still very efficient.
As one of the most potent natural antibiotics, people add it in different soups and stews and for eliminating flu and cold it is important to use 10 – 50 garlic cloves. It was shown in studies that garlic can reduce the symptoms of the flu.
3. Ginseng – This herb has a lot of different benefits and it can treat and stop influenza and this was also proven by one recent study, which was published by Sang-Moo Kang from the Georgia State University in April 2014.
4. Elderberry – Is usually taken in the form of homemade syrups and it is powerful for boosting the immune system and it is amazing and it can stop the flu from attaching to our cells. In one study published in 2004 the Journal of
International Medical Research it was proven that extract from elderberry is very cost-effective, safe and efficient treatment for influenza. All patients took 15 ml of elderberry syrup, 4 times daily and the other patients took only placebo dose.
5. Echinacea – A lot of any people think that drugs are “mainstream”, but this herb is a natural supplement as well.
It is a true and tried remedy for flu and cold, which is used for so long in 2009. It is used for centuries among Native Americans for treating different ailments. One study which was conducted on 95 people discovered that people who
Echinacea tea for a period of 5 days got better a lot sooner than people who did not drink it.
Even though the science is not very strong for Echinacea and flu like is the case with other supplements, there is pa lot of anecdotal evidence which is very efficient and it is very popular and strongly used.
But, one thing is sure: it is great and amazing booster for immunity and it is important to use them if you get sick constantly.
If you decide to beat off the flu, you have to be constant and go for organic supplements and it is important to consult with a naturopathic doctor before you make great changes. You should also take vitamin D and a lot of minerals including zinc, vitamin C from foods including kiwi, oranges and peppers.
Other ingredients that can be used to fight off the flu, which are all natural as we are:
– Onion – it is amazing for coughs and by using raw onion you can keep your respiratory tract open.
– Ginger – has anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties. It is also great for vomiting and nausea.
– Sage – antiseptic, carminative and astringent. It is also called the throat and mouth plant. It can be used for cough and sore throat and sinus congestion as well.
– Thyme – antibacterial, antimicrobial, astringent, antiviral and expectorant. It is amazing for cough and respiratory infections, but just as good for the stomach as it can relieve gas.
– Cayenne powder – anti-microbial, stimulant, analgesic, diaphoretic, carminative and expectorant. It can help you to prevent flu or cold.
– Honey – raw honey has antimicrobial, antibacterial and antiseptic properties and it can relieve the cough.
– Lemon – contains a lot of vitamin C and it can speed up the healing process.
Getting flu can become severe if not treated, but if you use proper remedies this will not be a serious problem.