5 Habits To Change To Lower The Chances Of Heart Attack By 80%
Heart attack occurs if there is a limited or impaired blood flow to some parts of the heart. The arterial plague is the main cause for experiencing a heart attack.
Plague represents a formation on the arteries’ walls, which creates a blood clog, thus preventing a normal blood flow in the body. The number one death cause in the US is the heart attack. Recently, a study has shown that the number one cause for death per year is the cardiovascular diseases or the coronary heart diseases. In fact, these diseases cause heart attacks. Health experts think that nearly 920.000 Americans are supposed to experience a heart attack this year. How can we prevent heart attacks? Can we start by changing our habits and lifestyle?
The main reason for heart attacks is supposed to be the modern way of life. However, the risk of getting a heart attack can be lowered by changing our diet and habits. Karolinska Institute considers that the percentage of getting a heart attack can be lowered by 80 %. How? All you have to do is to make some changes in the lifestyle and implement these five habits.
5 HABITS THAT CAN SIGNIFICANTLY PREVENT HEART ATTACKS
1. No smoking
2. No alcohol
3. Regular exercising
4. Healthy diet
5. Healthy waist circumference
It is unhealthy to consume processed food, or food rich in sugar or refined carbohydrates. Nevertheless, saturated fat, present in lard, eggs, butter are beneficial for the overall health, because they can reduce the LDL, i.e. the bad cholesterol. This type of cholesterol is linked to the heart diseases.
2 TYPES OF CHOLESTEROL
1. Low-density cholesterol (LDL)
2. High-density cholesterol (HDL)
The HDL or the high-density cholesterol is beneficial for the overall health. However, the LDL, or the low-density cholesterol can cause formation of artery plague, which is harmful for the body. The LDL levels can be increased by consuming soda, bread and flour.
A HEALTHY PLAN
• Eat more fruit daily. Fruits are loaded with minerals, antioxidants and vitamins. Most fruits are beneficial for the heart, due to their anti-inflammatory properties.
• You should avoid consuming fructose, processed food and grains.
• Regulate the balance of omega-3 and omega-6. The insufficiency of omega-3 may lead to serious mental and physical issues. You should use high-quality or krill oil, rather than the vegetable oil. You should also consume more oily fish, such as: anchovies and sardines.
• You should consume food rich in proteins rather than grain carbohydrates. Also, include more vegetables in your diet. Moreover, raw dairy, raw nuts, butter, avocadoes, egg yolk, nut oil, coconuts, coconut oil are also beneficial for your health.
HEALTH EXPERTS CLAIM
People, who eat more fruit, have lowered risk of cardiovascular diseases by 40 %.
You should be aware of:
• People, who eat more fruit daily, have normal weigh and have no health problems. You should consume food after doing exercises, because you will refuel the body with the sugar you intake. Moreover, it will help you to prevent increased blood sugar level.
• People, who experience insulin or leptin resistance, as well as diabetics, overweight people, and people with high cholesterol level should avoid consuming fruits. They should not eat more than 15 g of fruit a day.
MALE-FUNCTION AND BETA-BLOCKERS
The beta-blockers may disable the neurotransmitters and the adrenaline, or norepinephrine – epinephrine, to hamper the beta receptors. The beta-blockers are also recommended for people who do not need to undergo a heart surgery. In Europe, due to these beta-blockers, there were more than 800.000 death cases.
Usually, Metformin is prescribed for diabetes. The Metformin is related to the increased TSH, or low lever of the hormone that boosts up the thyroid. The low TSH can have side effects on the overall health. Moreover, it may cause cardiovascular diseases and atrial fibrillation, which may leads to congestive heart damage.
Recently, a study has shown that the treatment of diabetes type 3 with the prescribed medications may reduce the blood glucose levels. But, it may increase the risk of heart diseases.
8 WAYS TO PROTECT THE HEART
1. You should walk barefoot in order to get necessary antioxidants from the earth. They will help you to sooth body inflammation.
2. Eat unprocessed, saturated animal fats.
3. Avoid statins, which may affect you health negatively.
4. Avoid consuming sugar, including fructose and processed grains.
5. Do exercises on a daily basis. You can practice stretching, lifting up, workout, or interval training.
6. Avoid sitting for a long period of time.
7. Reduce stress and anxiety as you can.
8. Increase the Vitamin D intake. Another alternative is to spend more time in the sun, or just take Vitamin D supplements.