4 Recipes To Completely Eliminate Tartar From Your Teeth
Tartar is a hard deposit on the teeth created by the mineralization of plaque that builds up in time.
When plaque stays on the teeth for a long time, under the influence of minerals from saliva on the teeth it turns into tartar. Plaque is more abundant if you consume sticky, mushy and soft foods rich in carbohydrates (sweets, biscuits, white bread, candied fruits).
It’s not good to have it because it damages the tooth over time. It is therefore best to visit the dentist at least twice a year to clean it. But if you want to help yourself and prevent its occurrence, consider these few recipes.
What to do about it
First, you need to take proper care of your gums and teeth. This includes:
– Brush your teeth two times a day. Don’t rush it. Take your time and be thorough.
– Use appropriate equipment. Always use good toothpaste and soft-bristled toothbrush. Electronic and battery-operated toothbrushes better eliminate plaque and minor gum diseases compared to manual brushing.
– Use an appropriate technique. The toothbrush should be placed at an angle – toward the place when the tooth meets the gum. Brush the chewing areas, outside and inside your teeth, as well as your tongue.
– Keep your equipment clean. Properly wash and rinse your toothbrush and keep it in an upright position until the next use. Never cover your toothbrush because this may encourage bacteria growth.
– Regularly replace your brush. You should replace your toothbrush every 3 months.
Basic oral hygiene is very important: if you don’t care for the dental enamel, and don’t remove tartar on time, it may develop an inflammatory disease – paradontopathy in which case the infection comes through the root, into the tooth itself, causing inflammation of the soft tissue. Fortunately, there are natural means of preventing this unpleasant disease!
For this recipe you will need anise, lemon, mint oil and water. In the glass of water, mix a couple of drops of all ingredients and rinse your mouth a few times a day.
For this recipe you will need ½ cup of rosemary, a cup of freshly chopped mint and two cups of water. Boil the water and add rosemary and mint. Let the mixture stay for about 10 minutes, and strain it. When the mix is cooled down, thoroughly rinse the mouth.
You will need: 7 of coconut oil, 7 tbsp. of baking soda, any essential oil (however, it’s best to use clove or tea tree essential oil), 1.5 tbsp. of Stevia. Just combine all ingredients until you get a thick and consistent paste. Use this natural toothpaste every day instead of your regular toothpaste.
You need one to two tablespoons of coconut oil. The oil should be dissolved, although it may be in solid form, but you must first dissolve it in your mouth. Pour the oil in your mouth for 10 to 15 minutes. Don’t just swish it fast in your mouth and immediately spit it – a few seconds have no effect.
It takes about 15 minutes for the coconut oil to remove the tartar from your teeth. Then, spit it and rinse your mouth with warm water. To see the difference, you need to do this once a day for 10 days.