Drinking Water Immediately After Waking Up Is Good For Your Heart, Blood Pressure And Other Health Issues
Consuming water in the mornings, right after waking up may have incredible effects on your overall health. This idea originates from Ayurvedic medicine and it is known as water therapy.
In the Sages of India it is called Usha Paana Chikitsa meaning ″early morning water treatment″.
This popular method cleanses the internal system of the body, purifies the colon and encourages the absorption of nutrients.
According to the researches done by Dr. Fereydoon Batmanghelidj in the 1970’s, water is a natural elixir which can treat vast number of diseases such as diabetes, hypertension, migraines, asthma, arthritis and autoimmune disorders.
Dr. Batmanghelidj was born in Iran in 1931 and graduated from St. Mary’s Hospital medical School in London.
In 1979 he was imprisoned as a political prisoner for two and a half years and afterwards he went back to Iran.
During this period, he discovered the miraculous healing power of water and gave treatments to nearly 3000 inmates who suffered from stress-related peptic ulcer disease.
The Journal Clinical Gastroeneterology revealed his discoveries in June, 1983 while the New York Times Science Watch reported his findings on 21st of June the same year.
In 1982 he came to America, where he investigated the long-term effects of chronic unintentional dehydration on the body. In 1991 and 1992 he published his discoveries.
According to Dr. Batmanghelidj, the human body becomes chronically dehydrated over time and the thirst signals are usually mistaken for symptoms of other diseases.
Here is the detailed explanation of his method:
• Drink 1 glass of water every morning immediately after waking up. Make sure the water you consume is distilled and fluoride-free. You can also add some minerals or baking soda to increase its alkalinity. Wait for about 45 minutes before you drink or eat.
• Take a glass of water 2 hours after your meals and 30 minutes before them.
According to the Japanese Medical Society, the water therapy needs 30 days to restore the blood pressure and 10 days to treat some gastric issues, including constipation.
Further in the text you can find out about the benefits of drinking water every morning after waking up:
• The body is normally dehydrated after 8 hours of sleep. So, consuming water after waking up improves the flow of oxygen, increases the energy and encourages the creation of new muscle and blood cells.
• It speeds up the metabolic processes by huge 24% for 90 minutes.
• Proper hydration is crucial especially in the flu and cold season, since it prevents sickness, manages stress and lowers the levels of cortisol. Moreover, it boosts the immune system and keeps the health of the lymphatic system, whose major role is preventing infections.
• Considering the brain tissue is composed of 75% water, proper body hydration will support the brain function and prevent mood swings and fatigue.
• Your organism will be detoxified, since water eliminates the accumulated impurities and toxins in the blood. The enzyme function will be enhanced as well. As reported by Kennath Ellner, who is an Atlanta-based dermatologist, as long as we provide our bodies with adequate intake of fluids, the kidneys will remove the buildup toxins. Flushing out impurities is easier when the body is provided with fluids just after waking up.
• Practicing this method will make you feel more satiated. As shown by some researches, drinking water before each meal contributes to losing 4.5 pounds over a period of three months owing to the fact that water is a zero-caloric substance which causes satiety.
The human body is 72% water, so proper hydration is of utmost importance. Approximately 75% of the world population is in chronically dehydrated condition. Therefore the intake of water in the mornings can make enormous difference, providing incredible improvements.
It is worth mentioning that you should drink half your weight filtered, clean and high-quality water and you have to increase its intake if you consume caffeinated beverages which have diuretic properties due to caffeine.
Furthermore, in order to keep the mineral balance, make sure you add ¼ teaspoon Celtic or Himalayan sea salt per liter/quart natural water, as it is rich in minerals.