Neuroscientists Recommend: A Song That Reduces Anxiety By 65% (Listen)
Anxiety has become one of the most common mental health disorders nowadays. Patients with anxiety usually experience fear, panic attacks, and excessive worry.
According to the scientists, 30% of people between the ages of 18 and 54 suffer from this disorder, while 41% of the employees and half of the students in North America are anxious.
These individuals are six times more likely to be hospitalized for psychiatric disorders in comparison to people who are healthy.
The major reason for anxiety is the stressful society we live in. We are facing pressure, constant rush and stress. This, in turn, increases the levels of stress and causes self-esteem suffering.
These are the common external factors that may lead to anxiety disorder:
• Financial stress
• Stress from work/school
• Stress in a relationship/marriage
• Stress caused by an emotional trauma (death of a loved one)
• Stress from a serious medical disease
• Use of some drugs such as cocaine
• Side effect of some medications
• Symptom of a medical illness such as hypoglycemia, heart attack or stroke
• Lack of oxygen in some respiratory diseases
Approximately, 65% of the Americans take medications for anxiety and 43% take prescriptions to boost their mood. There are also other effective strategies for treating this disorder, such as counseling, meditation, massage, and yoga.
However, according to the latest research, music therapy is the most effective in the treatment of anxiety. Namely, scientists have found a song that can relax the listeners more than any other song.
It has been shown that this piece of music can reduce anxiety by 65%. It can even decrease the heart rate, lower the blood pressure and reduce stress. The title is Weightless and it is sung by the UK band, Marconi Union.
Apart from the song, we are going to present you other useful methods that can also help you to reduce stress and anxiety:
• Regular exercise – it stimulates the production of endorphin in the body and improves the mood.
• Walking – make sure you walk for at least 30 minutes a day to relieve both depression and anxiety.
• Omega-3 fatty acids – these acids reduce the level of stress hormones in the body (cortisol and adrenaline) and improve the mood.
• Chamomile tea – this powerful herb can provide relaxation for the body and it can work even better than placebo therapy in patients diagnosed with anxiety disorder.
• Avoid alcohol – relying on alcohol to relieve anxiety can lead to alcohol dependence which can eventually trigger other mental disorders.
• Stop smoking – some studies have found a link between the chemicals in cigarette smoke and anxiety.
• Practice deep breathing – shallow and fast breathing may cause fast heart rate, lightheadedness, dizziness, panic attack and anxiety. Practice deep breathing exercises to relieve anxiety.
• Eat a healthy diet – avoid processed and sugary foods and increase the intake of fruits and vegetables.